Jared Beach Scholarship
To honor the memory of Jared Beach, Texarkana United Soccer Association is pleased to announce the formation of the Jared Beach Scholarship Program. This program is aimed at providing registration fee scholarships to help area children participate in recreational programs offered by Texarkana United Soccer Association. This scholarship program provides assistance to children from low income families who would not otherwise have the opportunity to participate in youth soccer.
All Scholarship awards will be decided upon by the Board of Directors for the Texarkana Soccer Association and will be based on the number of applicants, financial resources available, and current registration needs. All information submitted will remain confidential and will be used for the sole purpose of judging scholarship eligibility. The Board reserves to the right to award registration fee scholarships and alter the application criteria as needed without further notice. All decisions by the Board will be final and not subject to appeal.
The parents need to provide for the cost of the uniform, shin-guards and practice ball for each child. Scholarship recipients must commit to attend a minimum of 80% of scheduled practices and games.
If you have additional questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org (please include “Scholarship” in the subject line).
Any child who meets any of the following eligibility criteria is eligible for a scholarship.
- Qualify for free or reduced school lunches
- Be eligible for TANF (Temporary Aid for Needy Families)
- Receive assistance from one or more of the following programs: Food Stamps, Welfare, Foster Care, Medicaid, or SSI
To apply for a scholarship:
- Print off the application form at the bottom of this page. Fill it out, including supporting documentation.
- Mail it to TUSA, PO BOX 6183, Texarkana, TX 75505
- Register your child online – see registration link on homepage. Upon reaching the payment portion of the registration, select the ‘payment plan’ and then choose ‘mail-in payment’ option from the payment methods drop-down menu (mail in items listed in #1).
- All scholarship applications are due before the season’s early registration deadline
- Applications will be addressed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Click here for the Scholarship application